Prior to purchasing a trip, please call Steve at (217) 762-7257 or (217) 840-1221 to make sure the date you want is still available.
A Guided Fishing Trip on Lake Shelbyville with Steve Welch.
A trip is $300.00 to split between 2 anglers and $50 extra for a third person. Both consist of a full 8-hour day out of a fully-rigged 21-foot Ranger Bass boat.
The fee includes fishing rod, tackle, bait, and cleaning of your limit as long as the cleaning stations are open and functional. All you need to bring is something to eat, drink and rain gear, if weather requires. This is for either the day or the weekend.
When you book your guided fishing trip on Lake Shelbyville...
Steve Welch will call one week before your trip to:
- Reconfirm your trip
- Discuss directions and a meeting location (differs depending on time of year, type of fish, and boat ramp location)
You will need to bring:
- Something to eat and/or drink
- A rain suit, depending on weather conditions
- A cooler to carry your fish home
You need to know:
- Steve Welch will clean your catch for you unless the fish cleaning stations are closed or not functional.
- Fishing trips will go rain, shine, or snow but not freezing rain, as it's too cold.
- Fishing trips start at sunrise and end around 3 p.m. or at the client's discretion if an earlier end time is desired.
Posted by Dan Carr on 9th Oct 2012
It rained three inches the day before our guide and we still caught our limit. Thanks Steve, see you next year!
Posted by Joe Schrader on 20th Jun 2012
I've taken multiple trips with Steve and one thing is for certain. You will catch fish and lots of them. He always seems to know exactly where they are hanging out. I appreciate everything he has shown me.
Posted by Adam Marevka on 20th Jun 2012
I thought our guide went above and beyond just a normal guide trip. He worked hard to put us on fish and shared a lot of knowledge about Lake Shelbyville.
Posted by Terry Sperry aka (tsper) on 23rd Mar 2012
I have been fishing with Steve multiple times for the past 8-9 years. Steve is the most knowledgable guide on Lake Shelbyville. He always gives 100% to make everyone successful, no matter what skill level you are at. Steve knows the current patterns from years of fishing experience and 300 plus days/years spent on the water. Steve doesn't charge extra for his entertainment value, which is hilarious.